How to Conserve Water
- Repair leaky faucets. Just one leaky faucet can waste up to 4,000 gallons of water per month.
- When buying a new shower head, toilet, washing machine or dishwasher, look for models that conserve on water use.
- Run FULL loads when running the dishwasher and washing machine.
- Use a toilet displacement device, such as a weighted plastic jug, to save up to 7 gallons per flush.
- Turn off water while shaving or brushing teeth.
- Peel and clean vegetables or fruit in a large bowl of water instead of running the faucet. You could save 10-15 gallons of water!
- Install faucet aerators. They can reduce water to up to 60% without sacrificing a strong flow.
This entry was posted in Septic System Tips
. Bookmark the permalink